Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ringing in the New Year

I wonder why it took almost 38 years of New Year's Eve's to quit the staying up till 12:00 habit? We had the best New Year's Eve last night. Lots of great food, the Wii for entertainment, and children running everywhere. Typical for our family. But the crowning event was the Martinelli's at 8:55 p.m., and four little grandchildren banging pots and pans at 9 p.m. sharp...New Year's somewhere, I'm sure. The children were happy, the parents were happy, and the grandparents were thrilled! House cleared out by 9:15 p.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!! I'm going to learn this lesson the easy way and be a smart, early-to-bed grandma like you. Thanks for the tip!

Sharlene said...

The above comment was actually from me, Sharlene, I forgot to log out of Betty's site. Again, a great idea.