Sunday, December 23, 2007

How to schedule appendicitis...

I never thought that I would have to schedule surgery for appendicitis, but last week I felt some pain in my lower right abdominal area. This is not a good place to feel pain, and especially if you have had two children who had their appendix ripped out...so off to the doctor I went thinking that a bladder infection diagnosis was in order. Little did I know that after peeing in the cup, my bladder was healthy and strong. The doctor ordered blood tests and a CAT scan, and off to the surgeon I went. This took about a week, and the receptionist at the surgeon's office was incredulous! What?? You want an appointment for appendicitis surgery? What?? We never do that...but she did manage to make me an appointment and three days later I was welcomed into same day surgery, my inflamed appendix neatly taken out and here I am on the road to recovery the week before Christmas!

1 comments:

Sharlene said...

Yeah for blogging! So glad you've joined in the fun...and that you're up and around. Merry, Merry to all the family! Happy Blogging!